If you happen to be on an Elimination Diet as I am right now, this recipe is also Elimination Diet friendly.
This recipe can easily be doubled if you are feeding a crowd (or halved if you are just feeding yourself)
Recipe will make approx. 4-6 Tortillas
1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour blend (If on Elimination Diet make sure it's corn & soy free)
1/2 teaspoon arrowroot
3/4 teaspoons baking powder (If on Elimination Diet use the subtitute below)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 tsp olive oil
½–3/4 cup warm water
Elimination Diet Baking Powder Replacement:
For a Corn Free Baking Powder sift together: 2 tsp. Cream of Tarter, 2 tsp Arrowroot, 1 tsp Baking soda (Can be stored in airtight container to have on hand)
1. In a medium size bowl add flour, arrowroot, baking powder and salt and wisk together. Add the olive oil and stir to combine. Pour in warm water slowly, adding in increments and stirring to combine.
2. Press dough together with your hand and divide into desired size. Roll each piece separately between two sheets of plastic wrap until about 1/8-inch thick.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat with about a tablespoon of olive oil.
4. Once the skillet is hot, place each raw tortilla flat in the skillet, one at a time. Allow each to cook for 45 to 60 seconds or until slightly charred on the underside. (You’re better off under-cooking than over-cooking them) Then flip tortilla with a large, heatproof spatula and cook for another 30 to 45 seconds.
5. Remove from pan and place on a paper towel.
6. Continue until all tortillas are cooked, top, and enjoy!